Ultimately rich and creamy, the avocado is a delicious fruit that is often used in salads, dips and desserts. But apart from being an indispensable culinary ingredient, it is also an excellent source for improving your looks.
1. Being rich in protein and fat, the avocado can greatly nourish your skin. When used as a face mask, it can raise your skin’s moisture level, smoothen wrinkles and age spots and makes your face give off a healthy glow.
2. Aside from the face, you can also use puréed avocado on your feet. Constant exposure, abuse and neglect can make our feet look spent, dry and cracked.
3. Instead of going to the spa, you can treat yourself with a foot spa at home using avocados. Just puree a ripe avocado and spread the mixture on your feet, including between the toes. Remember to massage your feet for a few minutes to encourage circulation. Leave it on for 20 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
You can also use the same mixture for old, tired hands. You can add an egg yolk to the mixture as the nutrients in the yolk will help add moisture to your skin.
4. Got puffy eyes? You can use the old sliced cucumber on your eyes. But avocado can also do the same thing for you. Cut a firm avocado into slices and it put one under each eye. This will relax your eyes and reduce its puffiness.
5. Avocado has long been used as a beauty secret in moisturizing heat-frazzled hair. Just blend ripe avocado meat and add one egg yolk and half a teaspoon of olive oil. Once the texture of the mixture is creamy and even, apply on hair starting at the scalp all the way down to the tips. Then, wash and shampoo as usual.
6. Want to use a natural remedy for your chapped lips? Try putting pureed avocado on your lips for 15 minutes. Avocados high omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E that will soothe and cure your chapped lips for good.
Tags: Avocado Cosmetics