Here are some tips that will make your avocado tree, not just grow, but thrive even in a pot.
- Prune or snip off shooting branches to encourage side growth, creating a bushier tree.
- If you’re growing an avocado tree in a cold climate, say in a pot but placed in your terrace or patio,
- Young avocado plants thrive in indirect sunlight, so make sure to put it where it can still catch some rays like near the window in your house.
- If the air in your home is really dry, moistening the leaves of your plant every week will help.
- Watering your plant too much – whether you have plant it in the ground or in a pot – will cause its roots to rot. Use a pot with large holes. This would drain any excess water in the container.
- If you notice the leaves of your avocado plant slowly turning yellow and dropping off, you are either overwatering it, or it isn’t getting enough sunlight. Immediately cut down on water and move it to a sunnier area where it can get ample of sunlight.
- If you notice even newly sprouted leaves yellowing, it could be a sign of a lack of nutrients in the soil. Remember to fertilize the soil once or twice a month to keep your avocado plant healthy.
Tags: Growing Avocados